Your Journey to Dental Health Starts Here.
Even if it has been a while since your last dental visit, it doesn't matter. Taking the first step is the most important and we want to make it easy for you to do that, so we want to let you know what to expect.It is going to be really helpful to have the forms filled out in advance so you don't have to waste your appointment time, This way you can doing that and you can have more time with the doctor to answer all your questions.What to expect
- We know finding a new dentist, getting back on track or even making your first dental visit is not easy. We want to make it easy for you and give you an idea of what to expect.
- To make your visit easier, we have forms you can read and fill out in advance. You can take time at home filling them out completely so you can ask any questions you might have when you come to your first visit. This way you can spend your time with the doctor instead of filling out forms.
- Also it is helpful to have your most recent xrays. If you have had xrays within a year, make sure you give us the name and number of your previous office so we can contact them on your behalf or you can even bring them with you. Remember, this can take up to two weeks so try to plan accordingly.
- Bring a list of questions with you that you have thought of in advance. This way you can make the most of your time with the doctor.
Your First Visit Will Go a Little Something Like this...
- Dental and Medical History: We want to make sure we help you and that means we need to make sure you are healthy enough to get dental treatment. We will talk you through your past medical and dental history and make sure we are on the right track.
- We will ask you what your main concern is. It could be that you are in for your checkup and cleaning. Not a problem but if it has been a while and you have lots of things you want to talk about, make a list and bring it in so we can hit all the concerns and questions you have. Then we figure out what kind of xrays we need and take them.
- We will do an examination. It is going to be through (unless you come in for an one specific issue that is bothering you, then we will only focus on that this time and not make you go through an appointment talking about things that might not be in your immediate interest) we check your gums and teeth and all the surrounding areas to make sure they are healthy.
- If your gums are healthy enough for a cleaning we do that.
- We also will go over all of our findings, tell you what is going on, what could happen if not addressed and what your options are to address them. Then we make a decision together on what is the best way for you handle it.
- You leave with a good idea of what your financial responsibility is, you get all your questions answered and leave with a confidence that you got all the information you need to make a decision on how you want to get care.
- We do not make you do anything you don't want but we do give you the information to make a educated choice in how you want to handle your dental care and what could happen if you do not. We believe that our patients are intelligent and responsible to make their own choices regarding their dental health if given honest advice about treatment options and their risks and benefits. We want to give you the power to take your oral health in your control so you feel confident making decisions.